Misleading!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: June 01, 2012
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
I thought I had done my research prior to booking our cruise for my family of 7 to find out when we got on the boat that it was a salt water pool, when you read the information about the "Ecstacy" ship - it doesn't really apply to "THIS" boat as I was told from customer service - the green slide isn't on this boat - each ship is different....and ANY child not potty trained - using a swimmer or not - is not allowed to use any water. It doesn't state that on the website - but there is a sign by the slides and the children get chased out of the water. Tell that to a 2 year old that loves water that they can't go in it!!

food looked better than it tasted but the service was good. Again, felt very mislead when they say buffet open 24 hours - they really mean you can have some bad pizza and an ice cream cone when they close the real food.

We have been on 5 cruises - and when I play bingo, normally you get a stack of cards and play bingo. I was flabergasted when I was handed a piece of paper with 3 cards for $20 and even more shocked to find out there was only 1 game of bingo!! DONE in 11 balls! my kids were so disappointed after playing bingo on the other ships!

It is very disheartening when you see people smoking where they shouldn't but even worse when the staff sees it...and doesn't do anything about it! How safe does that make you feel?

Chrisjay and his staff at the Wind Star were fabulous as well as Alberto keeping up with my daughter and her Coke Zero! That was the nicest part of our trip (not the food - just the service!)

Our room had 2 screws in the door knob - well technically 3 if you count the one I kept pushing back in each time I used the restroom!!

I booked 1 room for my family of 5 (sleeps 5) and another for my sister and her child (slept 2). When we got there - there was 1 king bed and 2 pull down. The last bed was a mattress on the floor underneath the king bed that was pulled out every night - just like an air mattress! We paid $3000 for that bed! WHen they say it sleeps 5 - they don't really mean it! Again - customer service said NONE of their boats sleep 5 - this is what they do - give you a mattress on the floor. I don't see that on their website!

Pros: Service!

Cons: saltwater/2 year olds can't use the water

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.