Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An 'OK' cruise

Sail Date: April 19, 2012

I've cruised before with Carnival yet I was still disappointed. There was only one nightclub and it wasn't open every night. There was only one adult area to sun and you had to get to it through the buffet or the night club doors. Kinda weird set up. The food choices and abundance was poor. There were some buffets we didn't even eat at because the line was so long, consistently. You think they would notice this and open more but no. I was actually chased away from a buffet so they could close it. Very odd for a cruise.

Pros: I loved our room

Cons: It was a constant fight for food before they closed the buffets

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Usually food on a cruise is wonderful. The dining room food was average. Hamburgers, fried chicken. Even the deserts were average. Nothing memorable or unique. One night was lobster and prime rib. But only one night.
Sometimes just one thing going on, on the ship. One comedy show was in a small room so some people couldn't even get in to see it. The variety show was OK, not the highest caliber of talent. The trip to Atlantis on Nassau was not good. A two hour endurance walk with no breaks. People with children were not happy.And a scam to get you to pay for a cab back to the ship. The return boat was set up to only pick up twice and bad times. Odd.
The ship was very clean and lovely. I didn't really like constantly tripping over vacuums or mops though. I would have preferred them to clean at off hours instead of at prime dining times or in the middle of the day.
We had a porthole room and it was big and comfortable.