Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A wonderful vacation, an adequate cruise

Sail Date: April 14, 2012

While my wife and I both definitely enjoyed our cruise and would cruise on the Ecstasy again, we felt that the ship lacked in the something extra quality that some cruises provide. Many times as both of us have cruised, staff members seem to go above and beyond to make your cruise just a little bit more special. While I had no overt problems with the Ecstasy staff, at many times they seemed to be "going through the motions". We only met our cabin steward when we chanced upon her in the hall, and even after mentioning it our ice bucket was never more than half full. Our waiter at dinner seemed more concerned with getting food to the table than he did with making our experience special.

Beverage service on the ship was decidedly spotty and would probably be my biggest gripe. To put this in perspective, my wife and I spent around $150 dollars on alcohol, including a $25 bottle of champagne, so we were not demanding drinkers. However there was a night that I ordered a drink at dinner that never arrived, as well as multiple times that we either had to go looking for a server while in the adults only "Serenity" area, or go up a deck and to the other side of the ship to the pool bar to get service.

The ship, while clean and well maintained is showing signs of its age, and the decor and accouterments definitely felt tired.

With all that said, I definitely enjoyed our cruise, and as I said before would cruise on the Ecstasy again. My best description of both the ship and crew would be adequate, I felt that the special moments of my cruise were all created by me, and there was never a memory that was enhanced by a crew member caring or showing a personal interest in my cruise.

Pros: Clean Stateroom, Great Ports

Cons: Service never shined, ship showed its age

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

The quality of the food on this ship started out acceptable, and quickly turned into slightly less than that. The first few nights the food was palatable, and seemed freshly prepared, but I did have a night that I did not even eat my meal, a burger that was served extremely overcooked and cold. With that said, the staff did offer to replace my meals that were unacceptable, but they never seemed to replace them with anything that strove beyond acceptability.
Very clean, and well appointed stateroom, reasonable size, and nice bathroom. We were located at the front of the ship on the 4th floor, which was very convenient for getting off the ship at port and while disembarking.
See Above Comments