Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Time

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

This is one of the older ships Carnival has on the seas right now but surprisingly, it was well kept and looked like it might have undergone a renovation over the last few years. The cruise had three stops and one day at sea, which was nice. By far the best stop was the Private Island which came at the beginning of our itinerary. It was tough for the other two stops (Nassau and Freeport) to out do that. When I say that the sand at the private island was like walking on powdered sugar or flour, I would not be exaggerating. I am not a beach person, but absolutely loved the sand there! There were lots of things to do on the island and I did two things I've always dreamed of doing - deep sea fishing and riding horses into the ocean. Half Moon Cay was great!!!

Pros: Private island

Cons: Evening entertainment was lacking, casino was small, slot machines were very tight

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

They did a salute to country music the first full day of the cruise. Being a country fan I was excited, but was disappointed that I only recognized about 50% of the songs. Past cruises I was on had entertainment in the showroom every evening, but this was not the case with this cruise. I was a little disappointed in the entertainment offered.
I went to the past cruiser reception and the service there was terrible. Other places it was fine.
This was a small ship by some of the standards of ships today, but I prefer the smaller ships. It was well kept and clean and modern considering this ship is about 30 years old.
I tried a few things on this cruise I don't ever remember seeing on other ships before - frogs legs, for one. Good selection and quality of the good was good.
I shared an inside bunk room with a friend. There is a little more floor space because of how the bunks are laid out. I had the upper bunk this time, and at the age of 50, it was a little more challenging than when I slept in one before (I was much younger!!). I wouldn't recommend a bunk for anyone who isn't flexible or who has to get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night!