Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: February 18, 2012

We booked a last minute cruise aboard the Carnival Ectsasy that left Port Canaveral on 2-18-12. We were an hour late leaving while waiting for a busload of people stuck in a traffic accident on US 528. We arrived at our rooms and found them not setup as a twin but as a double. We requested two things on this cruise. One was twin beds in our cabin and an early seating for dinner. Both did not happen as planned and required my wife going to the Staff Captain of the ship to straighten out. We finally got the room set up correctly with twins and I went to check our dinner seating and found out it was the late seating and there were no early seating available. Not what I requested or was told by Cruise Critic when I booked the Cruise. The maitre'd even went so far as to say that I booked a last minute cruise, what could I expect. Why I wasn't told this when they took my money, I don't know. We ended up getting in a shouting match with the maitre'd in front of dozens of others awaiting tables when we were denied entry. This set the tone for the entire cruise. This was our third cruise and we have seen the service decline over the last several years. The service help wants your money and are nasty when you make a request. This ship is run poorly. The service crew informed us that we were not alone, many people are treated the same way, but give up. The Staff Captain is living in a vacuum when he tells my wife that "I have never heard of this before" Wake up Sergio!!!!

Pros: The end

Cons: The entire cruise

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Same fare every meal except dress up night. Cruise dining used to be an experience, now its boring and repeated daily.
Same old same old. Nothing new but take your money in Freeport, Nassau and El Cheapo Half Moon Cay. Big disappointment