Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Bad Food, Bad Service, Old Ship

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Food was comparable to a bad Denny's, ship was comparable to a low quality Motel 6. It was clean, but food and drink service was terribly slow, entertainment was seriously bad. I have had many nice cruises but this was by far the worst. Definitely would not recommend Carnival. Typically the food and entertainment is the highlight personally and this ship was a joke on both of those. The hamburgers were decent, pizza was doughy sometimes it was decent, dining room service was poor and so was the food. The only reason we went back at night was to get the chocolate melting cake which was excellent. Otherwise it took 45 min. to get appetizers and wine maybe 30 min aftering ordering. Long lines at the buffet and long wait for drink service at the pool.

Pros: kids camp

Cons: food, service, entertainment

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Clean mostly, but old and smaller than I expected.
Rooms were nice, no blow dryer however so pack that.
Most staff was friendly but overly friendly. Called guest services and would wait several minutes and then get disconnected.
My kids seemed to like these.
Bad. Even the fruit wasn't good, dining room food was way below average. Chocolate melting cake would be the only reason to eat in the dining room. They messed up my reservation even though I had my paperwork to confirm what I ordered they told me to come back the next night and they would try and accomodate me. And the Maitre D was very rude! Our waiter was nice but no clue on menu items or wines.
Terrible shows! Didn't see the comedians but the other shows we walked out on.