Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

We had a great time!! Highly recommend!

Sail Date: January 16, 2012

I thought the ship was very nice. The whole experience exceeded my expectations. I think the ports were okay at best. Once you get away from the port, you could find a lot of things to do. Just be ready to be bombarded with taxi drivers and people trying to get you to do their own tour. I don't recommend the ship sold excursions. They are expensive and based off of their own time frames. The two that we did were very rushed. The go go go pace took away from the whole experience. We just took a taxi on the last day and made our own excursion. It was 1/5th the cost of an identical excursion sold on the ship and we had a blast.

Pros: Food, Service Staff, Entertainment...

Cons: Our deck had an awful smell at times.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

The ship's layout was a little confusing at times. After the second day though, you kinda get the hang of it. Some of the elevators/stairways only go to certain floors. This made navigating around the ship a bit tricky at times. You can also tell that the ship is 20+ years old. The carpet and general decor are pretty dated. It was still very nice though. The only real thing I didn't like was that about once a day our floor had an awful rotten smell. It wasn't always there but when it was, it was horrible.
The on board activities were pretty good. I think their scheduling for them could be tweaked a little but overall there was always something to do. We went to the talent show and had a blast.
The entire staff was exceptional. I had no problem paying the gratuity for all of them. Our room was always cleaned and organized. The animals made out of bathroom towels made each night were a fun touch that always made us smile.
The food was excellent. It didn't matter what time of day or night it was, there were always several choices. The 24 hour Pizza bar needs a revamp though. They never had anything ready to go and finding someone to help was hit or miss. Just a warning, the free coffee was horrible. Even the premium coffee that you can buy wasn't much better.
The room was pretty small as expected. Even with that being said, there was still plenty of room to move around and get ready. The beds and sheets were pretty comfortable as well. The in room safe was a nice feature and was very easy to operate.