Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Let down with this cruise!

Sail Date: November 12, 2011

I was very dissapointed with this ship, it's features and most of the staff. It started at Port Canaveral when we left 2 hours late and we also arrived late to every port except Port Canaveral on the last day to get off the ship. Although we were late to the ports our time was not extended which was not right considering the time frames were so short to begin with it didn't allow us to enjoy the destinations. I didn't like that smoking areas were not limited to certain parts of the ship. I've been on another cruise line that had designated areas for smokers. I didn't like that in all the bars, the night club and the pool deck were areas that people could smoke. It seemed every where we went there was smoke. I avoid the casino for this reason alone but it shouldn't be allowed all over the ship. There were signs posted in certain areas but it didn't matter because the staff didn't make people stop smoking.. It was nice that there was an adults only section but it only had beach chairs and two whirlpools. It would have been nice to have a pool in that section too but there is only one small pool on the deck of the ship. Night activites started late and the deck was only a big hit one of the nights. There were too many gaps in time and activities were limited. I thought Carnival was a party ship (from what I heard from others and the impression you get from commercials) but I thought it was a boring ship! Once we got home I read the reviews on this ship and wished I would've done that prior to booking because I would not have booked this cruise on Carnival Ecstasy.

Pros: Our room was vey spacious and great view!

Cons: Ship was late leaving and arriving to all ports. Smoking areas not limited.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Smoking areas were not limited and the boat smelled like sewage for two days, it was gross!
Our bartender " Nelson" was very friendly and knew our names after the first night. He greeted us wherever we were. Our room steward "Ashkin" kept our room in great shape!
Too many gaps in time for the activities planned. You would do something then have to wait another hour for something else to go on.
Dining room too 2 hours because there were not enough staff. Other restaurants hours were too limited
Our room size was great. Lots of room to store things and bathroom was decent.
Key West, Florida
Rented jet ski's had a good time!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Went to the Wyndham resort. It was ok. Beautiful area on the beach. If you drink it may be worth it. It was too windy to snorkel and kayak so can't comment on that. The food was not very good.

Don't Miss: Senor Frogs- great food and fun times!