Rina and Rough Seas

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 27, 2011
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
I wish I could say I enjoyed my first cruise, but I did not. The Ecstasy bounced and weaved through the turbulent Caribbean while I took Dramamine and lay on deck or in my bed. I read all the blogs- I had ginger gum, tried green apples, had a balcony to see the horizon- nothing helped but the Dramamine. Of course, that is not Carnival's fault, but I wonder why so many people were sick. It seems as if everyone we spoke to had been ill. I was told that the ship was one of the smaller cruise ships in the fleet, and if that is so, the only way I will get back on one is with plenty of Dramamine (the gift shop ran out) and a bigger boat. Beware! Those who are prone to motion sickness- you can feel the boat sway!

The dining hall was very nicely appointed, but the food was not great; it was average. The buffet offered many options, and I thought the food was better. there. We did the "My time" dining, and it was fine. Room service is fast and a good bonus. There menu is limited, but they will deliver anytime you call.

There were plenty of options.

We did not care for the cruise director, but that was a matter of personality, not efficiency. The staff was GREAT! There was always someone to ask about anything we needed. Guest services was so gracious when my bill had to be adjusted. The stateroom staff was so good at their jobs.

I only gave it average because of the size of the ship. The pool was tiny, but I didn't go to swim. The ship is very bright and cheerful, almost a retro feel to most areas. Everything was very clean and the staff was on top of every need, even bringing me crackers to the cabin to see if that would help.

Small but clean- plenty of room for clothes
We went to Progresso because of Rina
Don't Miss: Salsa/Salsa with Ricardo

Pros: The staff was excellent

Cons: Being seasick 3/4 of the time

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.