Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good value, not a lot to do

Sail Date: October 17, 2011

The ship was very clean and the staff was friendly, but only 5 americans worked on the ship and the dining and cleaning staff were very hard to understand. Due to choppy water we were unable to dock at one of our ports of call. Overall we spend 4 days on the ship and only 1 off. The days on the ship were very boring. I didn't feel there was a lot to do. Plus the shows they did have were only on 2 nights. Would've liked for them to be spread out throughout the 5 nights of the cruise.

Pros: Comedy shows

Cons: Not a lot to do on the ship

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Aside from the opening "introduction night" show, they only had 2 song/dance shows scheduled for the entire 5 night cruise. They were on the same nights as the comedy shows so the other 2 nights there wasn't any entertainment. Plus, the song/dance shows were scheduled at the same time as the comedy shows so you had to miss one to see the other.
Smallest ship size Carnival has so with the fewer amount of guests we were able to find places outside our cabin that we coluld hang out and be alone.
Very unsatisfied that all pop is not included in the free beverages. The dining room food was good but there were a couple nights nothing on the desert menu was something I'd like. I was glad the pizza place, sandwhich deli and self serve ice cream were always open. I thought the other buffets should've gone longer. I noticed several times where they shut them down even though there were lots of people in the food areas.
Had a bunk bed room so I thought it would be really small, but there was plenty of cabin space so we didn't feel cramped.l
Three Amigos is the first place you come to after you get off the dock and it had excellent food. They tell you to only shop and the "Carnival guaranteed" stores which are right off the dock, but we found some great deals just by crossing the street. No taxi needed.