Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good cruise, but expected a bit more

Sail Date: September 26, 2011

I think my expectations were too high! Pool is way too small and crowded (and WAY TOO MANY SMOKERS making it very unpleasant for non-smokers. State room was nice (nice pillows, comforters, etc). I would also like to have seen "less" food or a higher quality (something I may not find at the "average" buffet). Wonderful staff and great activities provided in port (especially Cozamel)

Pros: staff (wonderful and helpful) and day in Cozamel!

Cons: too smokey! too many areas with smoking & not "policed" at pool -

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

First nites dinner - horrible (pot roast) was tough and uneatable. Both my daughter & I returned it & was offered another meal (but declined). Other meals in the dining room was good (flat iron steak was repeatedly overcooked, - but staff was on top of it). Our dining team (Luis, Iwon & ? sweet gal) were wonderful!! Food at buffets was "average" and I would have liked to see less quantity for more quality. HATED that sodas were an extra charge (may make me think twice about rebooking).
enjoyed the comedians (Scotty K & Chaz) - what's with the daily BINGO!? Didn't really go to any of the other shows (didn't appeal to me or my daughter).
better than I expected - nice comforter and pillows - LOVED the nightly towel animals! Would have liked a clock in the room
really really quality
A little less structured day but great fun! Beginner snorkel was very nice - wish there were more fish to see (a bit sparse) typically I've had the guide/instructor bring fish food/bread, etc to attract fish. GREAT time at Margertiaville (and something without a big fee to enjoy) - the water/toys there was a very fun and enjoyed the patio. Fun fun fun at Fat Tues Nice and clean city and very friendly people!
Don't Miss: Margeritaville
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
enjoyed the tour ruins (Dx.......) but heat made it a long day - guides were very good/very knowledgeable & funny. Some of the "best' fun was at the little beach/pool right before getting back on the ship!