Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great time!

Sail Date: August 15, 2011

As a whole, everything was great! The ship was very clean and the service was everything you would expect from a cruise line - excellent! The ship is a bit older than some, and there were a few signs it is aging (hall carpet is looking a little old, etc.), but still very clean and nice.

My only disappointment was with some of the activities. This is only our 2nd cruise and it has been 10 years since we took our first, so I don't have much to compare it to. But I felt a little more thought could have made some of the activities a lot more fun (trivia, some of the shows, dance "classes"). Still, can't complain - we had a wonderful time!

Pros: Ports of call were fun and service was fantastic

Cons: A somewhat older ship, I felt the activities were a little lacking

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

We had a balcony. I thought it was a nice size compared to the ocean view had previously and service was prompt, rooms were kept very clean.
Ship is clearly getting older and not as large as many of the other ships, but was kept very clean.
Can't say enough about the food in the Main Dining Room. One of my favorite parts of a cruise!
Again, we didn't have much time for anything outside of our own excursion, but the excursion we took - Zip Line Adventure Park and Snorkel Combo was a nice, fun thing for beginners. Wasn't real impressed with the shopping. If you like touristy type stuff, this may be the port for you, but it's not much of a taste of "real" Mexico. All of the stores on the pier are very "americanized", high priced and not much to see or very authentic in nature in IMO. However, a lot of people prefer the shopping here. I guess it just depends on what you like. I prefer small-town, "authentic" Mexico. There is A LOT to do at this port, though, options for everyone!
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We went to Uxmal at this port and it was breathtaking. I would highly recommend this excursion as less people take it AND you can still climb the pyramids there at the moment. We didn't have time for much else with the excursion we took, but it was well worth it. This is a more "authentic" area of Mexico than Cozumel and was probably my favorite part of the trip.
Don't Miss: Any of the Mayan ruins