Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean

Sail Date: May 09, 2011

My wife and I truely had no complaints.

Pros: I thought the crew did an outstanding job of keeping the passengers informed, very organized.

Cons: The debarkation, kind of like herding cattle.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

The only weak link on the ship was the elevators and I'm not sure was the elevators fault or people holding them for family members, not a complaint, you need the excercise anyway after eating so much. The ship was clean, our cabin was better than expected.
We didn't have a bad meal on the trip and there was alot of options and the menu was changed often. Additionally the meals were all hot. Very good coffee each morning. No complaints.
We occupied an outside window room with a window and it was nice. The cabins are very cool (nice). Housekeeping kept it clean, they turned down the sheets at night left the folded animal towels on your bed with mints. Plenty of storage for luggage and cloths.
First class crew, Gary and Meghan stood out they made the activities fun. All the crew were very friendly and helpful.
Outstanding, reminded me of miniature Vegas shows. The bands onboard were very good. The one I could of done without was the Jamiacan band, I like that kind of music but I did care for their style or presentation.
Beautiful ocean, crystal clear. Plenty of shopping and beach activities. True story and I wouldn't of believed if, if I didn't witness it myself. My wife and I rode in a taxi with four other people traveling downtown, One of the couples was getting married and the other couple was best man and brides maid. Anyway at the end of the trip the groom thought the ride was $11.00 a person and handed the taxi driver $45.00 for the four and the taxi driver asked the guy if he had a $10.00 and which the groom gave him and the taxi driver handed back two twenties and said the ride was only $7.00 per couple. I was amazed! You definitely need more time to see Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Downtown
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We did the Uxmal Mayan Ruins, we booked our trip onboard. We rode on tour buses and one of the guides gave narrarated the trip to the ruins and was very well educated in the history of the ruins and spoke perfect english. The Ruins were awesome, alot of waking and stair climbing involved after three hours you were worn out. A very good local restarant at the ruins. Highly recommend this trip.
Don't Miss: Uxmal Mayan Ruins