Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrible Cruise

Sail Date: May 05, 2011

just returned from my cruise in which I sailed on the Carnival cruise ship Ecstasy. After saving my money for some time and feeding off the experiences of my friends I was so excited to take part myself. However, I am sad to report my experience was very, very, very disappointing. In fact, I'm rather ashamed to return to work and report my experience. As a result, I would forever feel remiss if I did not express a few of my concerns to Carnival to give me a peace of mind and hope someone could help rectify the situation.

1. Overall the staff with the exception of the housekeeping and drink servers were very rude. In fact, after being trapped in the elevator for some time the service man arrived to pry the door open with a screw driver and did not offer an apology. How would you feel to be trapped in the elevator on your first day. I was rather panicked and fearful since the boat was just setting sail. So, much for experiencing the ship depart. Then in the Windsong dining area I requested a table not so close to another couple since they had a crying child. I was told, "no you sit here". I was appalled because the dining room was virtually empty.

2. On night 3 I purchased a new camera from the gift area. The following day, I arrived to my room to discover the box and all the accessories had been packed away with the daily garbage. Now, what can you do with a camera with no cord, charger, directions, etc?

3. Sadly, on my cruise another guest had a medical emergency. As a result, the ship had to turn around which delayed our return time. While I understand the emergency the report was extremely delayed to inform guest of the issue and the delay time of over 8 hrs. Many people noticed the ship had turned around and later stopped. In fact, most thought the ship was "broke". It would have been nice to be informed timely. Furthermore, when concern was expressed about the delay and return time--it was very casual and unconcerned. In my situation the delay caused a huge expense in travel changes and boarding cost.

4. Then I finally wanted to relax in the hot tub only to discover a huge orange film floating on top of the water. I was disgusted and had to immediately jump out. I suppose this was excess skin floating around which remained there for the remainder of the trip. Not to mention the mildew around the grout which is clearly highlighted in my photo--so, embarrassed!

5. Over all the dining experience in the Windsong dining room was very poor. One night I ordered sweet and sour shrimp. To my dismay I was served what appeared to be fish sticks with shrimp tails on the end. Truly, I was shocked this would be served and even be referred to as shrimp.

The final night, I thought maybe I should express some of the above concerns to guest services. However, the lady was dismissive of me. So, I wrote a brief letter documenting very few of my concerns. She took my letter and said I can offer you early embarkment. While I understand she could not save the day, but what happed to offering an apology???

In short, I am so upset with my experience. I had longed for a cruise all of my life only to be tormented by the ship Ecstasy and the rude staff who had little concern about my experience. I pray my experience was random and just bad luck. However, I still long for the cruise I dreamed about so many years.

Pros: um.... getting off the ship @ cancun and leaving the ship the last day...

Cons: rude staff, poor food, trapped in the elevator, 8hrs late returning

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

not many things for adults to do. Shows were poor.
see above
see above
housekeeping staff--great. drinkservers--wonderful. All others--Rude!
no kids for me.
cold water did not work. shower leaked.
Don't Miss: avoid the elevator