Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good cruise until the last day.

Sail Date: February 28, 2011

I was pretty satisfied with the cruise for the price until the last day at sea. We ate lunch in the dining room and there was a large (aprox. 3 inch long) piece of glass in my soup. I told the waitress, she told the manager. He asked if I wanted something else. I said I'd like more soup, (but without glass). The replacement soup was done wrong. The manager came back again,then had another soup brought. I told guest services, they didn't seem to care, basically they said since I wasn't hurt and they "addressed it" with the staff, that's all they felt they needed to do. The several times I had to wait in line for guest services the line was very long. There were a few issues, but the main problem is that they didn't seem to care. When I tried to call them from my state room, they never answered. It was very dissappointing.

Pros: The ocean view.

Cons: Guest services

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

It was an old ship, but OK.
The food was pretty good, but not the best.
Small room, but the ocean view was good.
Most of the staff were very friendly, guest services and some wait staff weren't.
The variety and quality of entertainment were a little lacking.
The shopping was pretty good, although they don't bargain as much at this port. The variety of things to do is good.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I liked this port. The shopping was good and I liked the ruin tour.
Don't Miss: The ruins.