Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A little less than expected

Sail Date: February 10, 2011

The ship was fine and as expected.

Pros: service level

Cons: food

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

One of the things that new cruisers hear before taking a cruise is how great the food is. This was not the case with our cruise. Most of the food that we had served to us was sub-par. As a matter of fact, two of the main entres served to my girlfriend at dinner were bad at best. The grilled chicken was so tought that could not be cut. I'm a hearty eter and I couldn't eat some of what was presented to me. The fruit was bad several times, and the overall quality was poor. Very disappointed. Was shocked that at no time was a quality cut of steak offered at dinner. No N.Y. strip, ribeye, or fillet.
Cleanliness was great, layout fine, decor was as expected.
As expected and fine. THe beds were very uncomfortable though.
I thought that there would be more entertainment available. Two guys singing by the pool isn't exactly what I refer to as entertainment. But the entertainment that was available was good. I really enjoyed the ships director Steve. Very entertaining! The impression I got was that if you were not into drinking, this cruise isn't for you.
Exceptional!
Due to weather, the two excursions that we prepaid were cancelled. But we did take the jeep tour which was boring. Not much to do on the island. Was very bored.