Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful! But beware of Halloween Cruis

Sail Date: October 30, 2010

This was our first and I didn't know what to expect. I was pampered and entertainment was fantastic. Extremely clean. The dining room food is the best, yet all the food is fantastic.
However, if you are sensitive to encountering those with alternative lifestyles in mass amounts I would avoid the Halloween cruise on the Esctacy out of Galveston. It looks like they have it planned for next year as well. The spa was off limits as they amass themselves in there, have special tables set up in the main dining room, private entertainment and so forth.
I would like the Cruise lines let us know if there is going to be special groups on board, no matter what the activity is. This would help me plan my next trip.

Pros: Gosh, it was an all around awesome experience

Cons: Not understanding just what some of the onboard activities were.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

It takes time to get oriented but luckily they provide you with a pocket size map. They are always looking for better ways to accomodate guests. It is fantastic.
Shoot, when was the last time your waiter put the napkin in your lap and was there for your every need? The water is out of the tap and I am used to pure well water. I just put a lemon slice in it and I was good to go. Lemonade, hot choc, is no extra cost.
We were in the bottom of the ship in an interior room. No matter which interior room you get on which floor, they are the same. Very compact and well organized even if they are small. Who stays in the room anyway? If you do want a balcony besure that you don't get one where you are looking out to sea between two life boats. I explored while waiting to be called to debark.
beyond and above...staff from all over the world on board. All Carnival Ship captains are from Italy! That's cool.
I just wish the Cruise lines would explain what the entertainment is going to be BEFORE we go so we know what to bring such as Cowboy themes. Halloween Costumes, the availability of so many back drops for family photos was AMAZING! We selected one for $22 and could of had it on canvas for $60. They will do some photoshop for you as well.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Quaint town, very friendly people, went to ruins close by. Friends went to Merida and loved it. Some hired their own Taxi for a day for $50 and went all over the place. They spoke Spanish which helped. Get your excersion offboard not on for a better rate.
Get your excersion onboard for this one. No specials available after debarkation although you can still sign up at the port.
Don't Miss: Paradise Beach. Take a Taxi and relax is what I am told. Dolphin swim was excellent