Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A good first cruise

Sail Date: August 02, 2010

This was our first cruise with our 10 year old son. We had a good time! The sea was calm and barely felt the boat move unless we were in shallow watters but not enough to get sea sick from.

We purchased a room with a balcony and glad we did. We were not partiers so we did spend time in the room. The room was spacious with a decent size bathroom. The beds were comfy and the stateroom stewards were awesome.

Pros: The people and sights

Cons: Felt rushed at port

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

The Ecstasy was an older ship which we could tell but it was fine.
We did not do the "dining" but we did do all of the buffet's and the food was off and on. Overall it was fine. The ice cream was great!
Excellent view!
All of the staff was very friendly
I wish we had more time in Cozumel. The time we had only offered one or two excursions at the most. Some excursions overlapped so we could only do one. We chose the Atlantis Submarine. The sub was a fun time with some great sights of the sea floor. Please do your homework before you shop for jewelry in Cozumel. Do not buy something because you think you are getting a great deal. Especially at Diamonds International. I bought a watch which was a good deal, but my wife bought some small diamond stud earrings. They were not that expensive but were told of such a deal we were getting. Upon arriving home, we found the same pair on their website for the same price. Plus we did not get anything that stated what we actually bought (clarity, color etc). Their return policy is harder to understand than the health care bill. Please do your homework before hand. I am not knocking DI as I got a good deal on a designer watch, but I am just saying know exactly what you want.
Don't Miss: Atlantis Submarine!
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I did not like the idea of spending hours in a car ride to see the ruins, I was not interested in the port so we did some local shopping and then relaxed on the boat.