Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Mexico

Great Time on the Ecstasy

Sail Date: July 01, 2010

This was my first cruise and it lived up to my expectations. The room was not too small, but it was very warm and made it difficult to sleep. The bathroom had a horrible smell. It was like the whole sewer system backed up into our bathroom. I was very worried about motion sickness and I have to say that I never felt the ship move! The pool area was beautiful and we always had an area to sit. The pool was very small. That was the biggest let down. It was the size of two hot tubs put together. The staff was extremely friendly and even got to know us by name. The food was wonderful! I have stayed at many resorts and have never had food this good. The staff was always eager to meet our needs and did this with a smile! The drinks were very good and the drink specials were worth getting. The night life was so much fun. We always had something to do. Stripes Disco was the most fun. The shopping on board was limited, but good. They had everything from makeup to cigars. If we needed it, we found it! I was shocked by the amount of time it took to depart the ship. We had a plane to catch and thankfully we asked a worker and they zipped us through the line. Another great example of their excellent customer service. I did see that a couple of customs booth's were closed, which I feel backed up the line so much more! All in all, this was a wonderful trip! It was a group of 6 women ranging from 28-42. I would take this cruise again!

Pros: The food, customer service, shopping, night life, drink specials, shopping, and beauty of the ship.

Cons: The pool was way too small. Our room was a bit warm and the bathroom had a horrible constant smell. Departing the ship was a very long process, which I would hope could have been made a little quicker!

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Room size was just fine. Very warm and bad smell in bathroom. Our other friends did not have this problem.
Beautiful ship. Very clean and rooms were great! Easy to find everything! Pool was just way too small!
We ate in the Windstar dining area every night. The food selection and food was wonderful! We were able to switch our dining time and add a couple of people with no problem!
They were so kind and friendly. They learned are names and always had a smile!
We mainly stayed at the pool. I do know there was a lot to do and heard it was a lot of fun!