Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Greatest family vacation!

Sail Date: June 03, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had booked a Norwegian Alaskan cruise ten years ago for our honeymoon, and we wanted to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary by going on another cruise. We didn't want to leave our 7 yr old son behind due to our sail date being his first day of summer break. We booked a family vacation on Carnival and headed to Cozumel to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary as a family. We were hesitant not knowing if a cruise was the best choice for a 7 yr old, but once we embarked our worries were over. The Carnival staff/housekeeping, already knew our family by name from DAY ONE! Our son said he felt very popular on the ship because everyone knew his name. He also enjoyed receiving a new towel animal each evening before bedtime. My husband and I emjoyed our special evening alone as husband and wife with thanks to Camp Carnival! My son made new friends and enjoyed all the activities. We enjoyed the friendly staff and the safety environment knowing we could still enjoy some alone time during our special day. If you asked my son what his favorite part of the cruise would be, he would say The Twister hands down!! The Twister is the large water slide that was very popular for ALL! We also enjoyed all the meal options and varieties at any time of the day. The free room service option was also a life saver for days we just wanted to relax and have lunch in our cabin. We couldn't have asked for a better family vacation.
Thanks Carnival and THANK YOU for the simplicity in booking through you!!

Pros: The friendly staff

Cons: scheduled times for youth activities

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Loved our cabin housekeeper!
A smaller ship but the upkeep was outstanding! Very clean.
Wished laser tag was earlier than 10:30pm, but we did attend on the last evening and let our 7 yr old stay up until midnight.
I highly recommend the Isla Twister!!! It's a speed boat that literally does a 360 turn and you get soaked!! We worried it would scare our 7 yr old, but he enjoyed it! I recommend for children to wear goggles to keep the salt water out of their eyes. The island was beautiful with so much to do! Relax in a hammock, jump on a huge water trampolene, go kayaking, free mexican buffet and open bar. THere are 4 souvenir shops, but I would have liked to have had time to shop in Cozumel. The family time was more important to me though, and this island had it all!
Don't Miss: Isla Twister