Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fantastic Cruise!

Sail Date: May 10, 2010

This was my first cruise and I have nothing to compare with but my experience on your ship was absolutely wonderful. I thought the stateroom would be very small, but there was plenty of room for two people and getting the oceanview stateroom was the best decision. The difference in the price is worth it and minimal. The Blue Saphire Room, the dining rooms, the Lido Deck, the Starlite, Chinatown, Neon Bar and Stripes were all great. We enjoyed several nights at the Neon Bar and it was wonderful listening to some of the old songs. It is such a large ship that it's difficult to imagine everything that goes on during the day and night. I would gladly go on this ship on another cruise.

Pros: Embarkation was very efficient; everyone we came in contact with on the ship were extremely helpful and friendly. Always treated us with respect and a smile. The food and the service was excellent and the activities were great.; lots to do and lots to shop. Great food.

Cons: Not enough slow dancing music and easy listening. Everywhere we went there was loud music which is fine for a while, but not for dancing.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Service, food, waiters and restaurant was perfect. The variety of food was very nice.
The stateroom was always clean and I was very comfortable. Slept like a baby every night. I found it to be extremely quiet considering the walls have to be very thin.
The staff was always very friendly, courteous and never said "no". Mr. Molina the gentleman that took care of our stateroom was extremely nice and kept our room clean all the time. Marco, the young man that took our drink orders always had a smile and would greet us anywhere he saw us. Made us feel especial. Edwin, our waiter at the 6 p.m. seating was so nice and friendly and took excellent care of us anytime we dined with him.
This was excellent. Every show i saw was as good or better than Vegas entertainment. These young people work very hard and are very talented.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I found this stop a bit boring. There is not much to see unless you go to the ruins or the beach and I don't do either of those, but that is not the ship's fault; that is my problem. I took the opportunity to return to the ship and go lose money at the Casino, but had lots of fun doing it.
I enjoyed this port. Did some shopping at Puerta Maya stores and had lunch there. We were unable to go to downtown because we ran out of time. Wish we could've spent another day there.