Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A fabulous time on the Ecstasy!

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

Wow! We just got back from the Ecstasy 5 night cruise to Progresso & Cozumel-loved going to both ports and thanks to those veteran cruisers on the boards, knew little of what to expect in both ports. In fact, followed their advice & did our own excursion at private resort in Cozumel which was wonderful and best part was it was not crowded at all. The food on the ship was great, loved the souffle and choc melting cake, YUMMY!! Loved the whole experience, very relaxing although there was one rough night where stabilizers didn't seem to help much, plus fact I had some sun didn't make it much better but overall we hubby & I had a wonderful vacation. CCL is a good deal and since we have been on this line before, we are 7 cruises away from being a VIP status! We love cruising!

Pros: Cozumel, the food, the relaxation,

Cons: the pushing of the drinks from staff

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

some of the shows I thought were kind of cheesy- I didn't really get the just of the last show on the last night. I guess it was supposed to be music in different decades but they went from 40s to the 70s and skipped 50s & 60s which I would have like to seen those decades represented as well.
The only thing I didn't care about in our cabin was bathroom, shower made floors wet most of time. Also our shower head was not working but once we alerted guest services, they fixed our shower right away!
I love to eat and even though this ship is not as big as its sister ship in Galveston the Conquest, its still has decent food. The service of our waiters was awesome, I felt more pampered and we had great tablemates that we spent time with after dinner so we met some new friends on board! We took full advantage of the dining experience. If there was something we didn't care for, no problemo-we ordered something else! If we liked something alot we ordered 2 of it (had to with the lobster-how often do you have lobster-not often for us).
the staff on Ecstasy really works hard to please; enjoyed the activities and everyone seemed very friendly. One of the best staff we have encountered. I would say to others who have experienced negative attitude; if you are reading negative comments and go in w/ negative attitude, most likely you may have negative experience. We went in with a positive attitude of wanting to get know the staff as people like us who have families. this staff really pampered us!