Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Mexico

Very enjoyable for a first timer

Sail Date: June 01, 2008

My wife and I went on this cruise as a 10 year anniversary vacation. This was my first time to cruise but not hers. We had a great time. Carnival has tons and tons of activities all day long so if you want to stay busy this is the cruise for you. For the most part I wanted to relax and there are plenty of places on the ship to do that as well. I found the staff to be friendly and approachable. The few negatives of the trip were that there were/are way too many smoking areas (even in the staterooms), the alcohol is very expensive (captive audience theory I guess), and there was no ESPN in the channel selection in the rooms for when I was relaxing. All in all it was a good trip and well worth the money. With the Sign and Sail card it's easy to buy things on the ship you just have to watch yourself because your spend alot without realizing it.

Pros: Excellent food, great wait staff, ALL the activities

Cons: too many smoking areas, liquor over priced

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!