Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

'Things of this World' cruise

Sail Date: June 19, 2008

This was our first cruise and we went with my friend's daughter and mother. We were celebrating their graduation from High School and they were both 18. Although it was nice to be with my daughter on our first cruise, I thought it was a little too much 'worldliness' for me. Lots of gambling, smoking and drinking which I guess is what a lot of people enjoy.

We did go to some good shows and they had activities planned all day long which was nice if you wanted to stay busy and have things to do. There was lots to eat - the sit down dinners and breakfasts were deliciious. Food was available all the time from room service which we loved a lot and took 'advantage of' many days and nights.

Pros: The room service and freedom

Cons: smoking, drinking, gambling

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

We enjoyed our excursion of sailing to a snorkeling site and then playing on the beach for a little while. Although I did hear about others and what they did for a lot less money than we spent.
Don't Miss: You don't want to miss out on the shopping in Cozeumel - but get out of the 'tourist' area of shopping and head into town for better prices.