Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Boat! "Carnival Ecstasy"

Sail Date: September 22, 2007

Went on a 5 day cruise out of Galveston on the Carnival Ecstasy. Great cruise. The boat didn't rock. Cruise Director Tina did an excellent job as did the wait staff, and room stewards. The food was great!

This was a very clean boat, very pretty, and the work staff is very friendly and courteous. They all did an outstanding job. This made our cruise experience on this boat very enjoyable and relaxing.

We visited Progresso/Merida, Mexico and Cozumel, Mexico.

We would definitely book a cruise on this boat again.

I only wish that Carnival would have some of their boats, that are out of Galveston and New Orleans, go to other places besides the Western Carribean.

Pros: service/food/wait staff

Cons: Ports of Call, wish some boats out of New Orleans and Galveston would go other places besides the Western Carribean

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Great shopping at most places.
Don't Miss: The shops near the Port, the Deluxe Beach Resort tour was great.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Very poor place to visit. Not a whole lot of things to see or do other than the Mayan Ruins. The 2.5 hour bus ride to the Mayan Ruins was very uncomfortable. The space between the bus seats was just enough to fit your legs. My knees touched the seat in front of me and I'm only 5'3" tall. My husband and I couldn't sit comfortably for the 2.5 hour bus ride because we felt so cramped up in the seat. A bus with more space between the seats should be mandatory for such a long bus ride!!!!!!! My daughter and her husband and his family took a beach resort tour and didn't like it at all compared to the one they took at Cozumel. There just wasn't alot of things offered to do at the resort/beach. Also, People constantly bugging you to buy their goods the whole time you are at the Chichen Itza tour. It was very irritating and distracting from the tour.
Don't Miss: Chichen Itza tour.
Great shopping at most places.
Don't Miss: The shops near the Port, the Deluxe Beach Resort tour was great.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
Don't Miss: Chichen Itza tour.