Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great combination

Sail Date: March 19, 2007

Carnival Ecstasy.
The ship was small enough to get around easily, but large enough to keep up interest. The live music was all great. Service was amazing. Waiters and stateroom attendants were simply wonderful.
I was disappointed that most every activity was extra cost. I just wish I had known this in advance. The activities/games that were not extra were kind of silly. Only a few people were actually involved, everyone else was just a spectator. I would have liked more interactive events. Our family participated in the scavenger hunt. We ran around the ship like crazy fools gathering items. Jolene, the game leader was not impressed with the participation. She just said, "Too bad, you didn't do it right." One family that worked hard came in late, and Jolene gave them no recognition for their effort. Again, she said, "Too bad." I thought the point of the game is to participate and have fun. Who cares who actually won the plastic prize. Why couldn't all participants have received a great big "Atta-boy".
The cruise was a nice retreat from our every-day hectic schedule. The kids enjoyed sleeping late and staying up late.

Pros: I went with my two college kids. There was something for each of us.

Cons: There were too many sitting activities for me.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I had higher expectations. It was a good eye-opener for a spoiled American.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I had higher expectations. It was a good eye-opener for a spoiled American.