Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice Cruise for the money

Sail Date: March 15, 2007

My family, husband and 4 kids ages 11,12,16,16 took this cruise for spring break. Overall it is a great quick cruise. We have never done a short cruise only 7 day, so this was different as far as one port. The embarkation was very fast and easy. We arrived at 12:00 and quickly boarded the ship. The weather was sunny and warm. My husband and I mostly laid by the pool and relaxed. We had more fun "people watching" and just hanging out. There were a lot of college age kids and watching them start drinking at 9:00AM was quite entertaining. I don't suppose that says a lot for us! HA. Our younger kids, boys, enjoyed the camp carnival and did a lot of the activities as well as the arcade The really liked the sleepover at the camp. 10:00pm-3:30am..so did my husband and I. We were able to go to the bars and casino and not worry. the boys were brought back to the cabin by staff. My older girls basically did thier own thing. The enjoyed the karoke alot and made freinds with other girls their age. That tends to happen every vacation. We went to dinner the first night and the second for formal dinner. We have always found the food on Carnival to be very, very average. So after the 2nd night we didn't bother with the dinning room. The pizza is very good and the deil had good paninis. In cozumel we did the Playa Mia. Everyone had a great time. It was not crowded as I have read. We bought our tickets through Shoretrips.com. We paid 49.00 for the best pkg. the boat charged 65.00 for the same. We learned a long time ago, NEVER buy through the ship. If you read other posts such as cruise-addicts.com, you can always find better deals. Just book with someone that has been used and checked out. The depark was terriable. Very long and drawn out. ** Take your luggage on the boat with you, don't check it....those people who have their luggage are off the boat first, otherwise we waited about 2 hours to leave the ship. Also, buy the 20.00 drink cards for the kids....very good deal. We brought wine on board to have with dinner, they charged 10.00 to cork. We brought 25.00 wine which would have been at least 80.00 on the wine list...otherwise we paid for drinks at the pool.
Overall this is a great cruise, I would do it again. We paid 450.00pp through ....we had 2 cabins, one inside for the older girls and an outside for the four of us. next time I will book a suite and an inside cabin.
....the ship is dated, but fun, reminds me of Elvis,it is well kept and clean, also cabins were clean.....beds are great!

Pros: Small Ship, Clean

Cons: Food

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Shopping is good. Playa Mia was very good!
Shopping is good. Playa Mia was very good!