Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Mexico

A Honeymoon to Remember

Sail Date: June 01, 2006

I had always wanted to go on a cruise. My fiance had never thought about it much. For our wedding present, I booked us on a 4 night cruise to Mexico for our honeymoon. We had spent every last cent we had on the wedding, so a cruise made a lot of sense from a financial standpoint: no more shelling out once we got on board.

When we arrived, there was a photographer at the ramp to take our photo. The ship was 10 stories high, and I don't think I had ever seen so many people in one place. The festive music was pumping, and we instantly relaxed. We put our luggage into our room and went to the back of the ship to watch the waves as we departed.

The entire trip we dined at the same table, with 5 other couples, forming almost a "family dinner" feeling. The food was so extravenant! I ordered only things I had no idea what they were, knowing I could take one bite and not touch the rest if I wanted. There was a 24 hour pizza and salad bar if I detested the whole meal....But most of the time the food was so picture perfect I almost hated to ruin it by taking a bite. And it was delicious every single time.

I was a little bit afraid that I would get seasick, but because of the sheer SIZE of the ship I didn't even feel a rocking motion unless I concentrated on it. My husband and I are very busy people, and for once, we could dance all night and sleep all day if we wanted to. We went to a few little towns in Mexico, and it was so charming and WARM. We are from the Great North-WET so we are not used to seeing the sun!

People we had talked to about our trip always said the same thing: you will love the food on a cruise. Not being much of a "food" person (my frequent comment to the question "what do you want to eat" is "I don't care--it's all food") I was astonished at how quickly I BECAME a food person. About every 3 or 4 hours they have a mealtime scheduled for you in the restaurant. If you want to eat later or earlier, you go to the 24 hour food bars set up around the ship. They have a midnight buffet that is at least 30 feet of sculpted cheese, fruits, meats, and every kind of food you can imagine.

This trip instantly addicted us to Cruising, and now we are saving up our pennies to go again and again. There is no other way to travel!

Pros: Endless, beautifully prepared food

Cons: Too short! Next time we will go for a week