Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

This was our first cruise, and I would do it again. Our embarkation was fast enough, I had no problem with that, but you're expected to tip the bus driver for throwing your bags on the bus like sacks of feed, and then to tip the porters at the pier for the same thing; (they actually do less that the bus driver as far a I could tell.) At embarkation we stood in line for a short time to show proof of citizenship and then boarded, were directed to our cabin, and were pretty much on our own at that time. We left port on schedule, no delays there. First night at sea took some getting used to. I personally didn't care for the food in the dining room and only ate there twice. I preferred eating on the Promenade deck, which was more casual. The waiters provided excellent service and our room steward did as well. I basically had only two small comoplaints. To disembark, we had to go to a room at 8:45 am and sit there until 10:00 am before we could leave. I thought that length of time was unnecessary, and the service we received from TWA airlines was less that pleasing, although no fault of the cruise. We have already booked a cruise for 2001, so are going again, but will be smarter this time. The entertainment onboard was first class, along with the service we received. Know in advance that you will tip 15% on all beverage purchases whether delivered to you or bought at the bar. In my opinion, a cruise is something everyone should try once, at then make their own decision. If you enjoy going to Vegas, you'll enjoy a cruise.