Not What Cruising Should Be About

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: April 01, 2010
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
the food was bad, bad enough that I got sick while onboard(no, I didn't eat or drink anything onshore) - better in the buffet lines then the dining room which was disaster. Not enough public space by a long-shot. the onboard activites were very lame in comparison to other cruises I've taken where the activites were actually fun and entertaining. the shows were out of date, sexist, and the humor not funny though the talent show was actually the highlight of this particular cruise. docked in the second port late and then held us inside, crammed in the stairways while another ship docked and tied up next door so that we lost out on a $200 off ship tour to Tulum(one of the main reasons for taking this cruise) because we couldn't make the connections and get back to the ship in time. The ship is old and not really large so that if the gulf has waves at all it is very rough. I noticed a lot of people with sea-sickness on the cruise - perhaps the majority. If you are Wi-Fi sensitive this ship will be HELL for you. It was obviously built before wi-fi and when retrofitted not shielded well. every time I went into the show room or the jewelry shop outside my head would buzz, i would get sharp pains in my ears and front of my head and my traveling partner did too. I noticed many people walking out of the shows dizzy. Many people are fine with high frequency waves bombarding them but if you have noticed that you are sensitive to this type of radio wave transmission at all you MUST STAY OFF THIS SHIP! It was painful and I would bet it was hazardous as well. I couldn't wait to get off this ship and I have had really good times cruising before. As we were disembarking the ship on the last day, walking down our passageway going past many open cabin door the smell of excrement was overpowering....I believe many people were sick while on the ship from the poor food quality. I know our dining companions got sick the second day out. This was a sick ship!

our housekeeping staff was wonderful and the room was always spotless and well-maintained. It was comfortable enough. the bed was good and standard for this type of room on a cruise. very few balcony room available on this ship.

Pros: very helpful and friendly staff- on par with the rest of the cruise industry where friendliness and courtesy is a requirement

Cons: VERY HEAVY WI-FI SIGNALS! if you are sensitive to them this ship is not the one to go on. very old ship, not enough public spaces, very small pool(only one) very few hot tubs(always crowded with randy/drunk people), people crowded on sundecks like cattle, few good onboard activities,

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.