Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Cruise to Nowhere

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

The ship was beautiful. The decor was great. It really was a fun ship. The beds could have been more comfortable. They were a little hard. Also, one of the hot tubs wasn't working properly the first two days. It was fixed on the last day. The shows were great. All the entertainment exceeded my expectations. The service personnel were all wonderful, so friendly and helpful.

Pros: I liked the people who worked on the ship and I liked the food, as well as the ship's appearance.

Cons: The cruise was delayed by fog and the captain made the decision to sail in a big triangle to nowhere. We couldn't make our port, so we just stayed in the cold Gulf of Mexico and endured the wind and the clouds and the cold, cold water.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

The crew was the best!
The room was nice, but the bed was not very comfortable.
As I said earlier, the ship was great. People on board worked so hard all the time to keep it clean and "ship-shape." The itenerary was all that I was unhappy about.
The food was very good. Dinner was great in the dining room every night. The other food courts had a good variety at all meals. The breakfast was great because it had something for everyone. I preferred to eat a healthy breakfast, and the choices were abundant.
I totally enjoyed the live shows and other entertainment features.
I didn't use the children's programs, but I saw many families who did, and they all seemed very satisfied. I saw the counselors with the kids, and everything seemed well organized and smoothy run.