Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I will never cruise again

Sail Date: April 27, 2009

This was my first time on a cruise ship to celebrate my 19th wedding aniversary. I wanted to get a feel for cruising before I take an Alaskan cruise for my 20th. Unfortunately, due to our experiance we will opt to fly to Paris instead. No more cruises for us.... ever.

Pros: Getting off of the boat

Cons: The food was horrible, tasted like cafeteria food from high school

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

The food was simply horrible, when a burger was the best meal the whole week you have got problems. The food was always cold, or the oatmeal was runny, tasted fishy or processed.... let's just say, I lost weight on this trip and it should have been the other way around.
With the exception of our room steward, we found the staff to be rude and apathetic.
Unfortunately, we did not get to visit a port of call, and the games were repetative. Only so much trivia can be played over and over and over and over...
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
I wish I could have visited any port of call. We should have been diverted to another port rather than sitting in the middle of the gulf like a fishing bobber.
Don't Miss: I missed it all!
Some of your shows or presentations really built up this port, we never saw land, simply put, Carnival should have found another port, or at very least do the right thing. The cruise line did not deliver what they sold me. I own a business, and when I don't deliver what was promised, I do not expect my customers to pay. I am not suggesting a full refund, however just to let you know, you have lost a cruiser forever, no matter what cruise line.
Don't Miss: Never saw land