Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My First Cruise

Sail Date: December 18, 2008

I was impressed with all of the different activities aboard the ship. However, I did not feel informed about embarking and deembarking specifics since this was my first cruise. I was not sure who my stateroom steward was to answer my questions.

My embarkation was delayed 8 or 9 hours due to weather conditions in Galveston. The Carnival did not do a very good job accomodating the passengers during this period. They were not prepared for this type of delay. The building was not comfortable for staying longer than 1 hour. There was not any food around the Galveston port due to the recent Hurricane. The cruiseline, did try to pass out deli lunches but of course they did not do this systematically so they ran out. It was total chaos for about 8 hours. They did not empty garbage bins so trash was everywhere.

I saw a child throw-up and the carnival workers simply put a luggage cart over it. They did not clean up the throw-up for over an hour. It was very unsanitary. They need to prepare for these type of situations.

Pros: The ship was fabulous!

Cons: The food

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

I really appreciated how they clean the staterooms twice a day.
OK
The food was mostly buffet style. This is very unsanitary and leads to germs and frequent virus outbreaks. It seemed as though it was not prepared well, cold, no taste etc. The ice machines, toasters, etc need replacing. They were constantly malfunctioning.
The decor was average. The size was appropriate. The beds were comfortable. The stateroom was cleaned twice a day. However, at times I could smell urine in the restroom. I think they need to use Pine Sol and BLEACH!
There was plenty of entertaintment aboard the ship. However, the main show was cancelled on the last evening due to rough waters. They need to consider alternate shows due to weather conditions or reimbursement of money to customers.
We were not able to visit Cozumel due to the late embarkation. Instead we went to Progresso, MX. WHAT A JOKE! Carnival needs to plan ahead for possible delays. They did not seemed to concerned that the customers lost 8/9 hours aboard the ship and that they had to change the port of call. They should have extended the cruise and went on to Cozumel or reimbursed the customers. Progresso is just another Galveston. There was not much there. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!