New to cruising.

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: August 01, 2008
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
The decor was a little old and dated but very clean. The staff was what made the trip great. I really don't think that they can be beat. Kids on the ship were a problem. They were running all over the place. Probably great if you are taking your kids but a problem if you are without.

The food was fantastic. I had to really watch myself or I could have gained 10 lbs. There was always plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. All cooked items were very well prepared.

I could only drink and gamble so much and the pools are pretty crowded so that was alot of what there was to do on the days at sea.

I am sure that there were plenty of activities for the kids but many ran around the ship, ran up and down the halls, ran into older people and almost knocked them down. I really don't blame Carnival but next time I will look for a ship without so many kids. And it is not that I don't love kids, I have three nearly grown children and I am a teacher, this was simply a matter of parents not watching over them.

The staff could not have been more friendly.

The staterooms were decent sized and very very clean. The joke was on the ship was that the cleaning crew lived under the bed because if you were out of your room for 10 minutes you came back and it was cleaned. Ectasy is about 17 years old and needs to be a little updated.

Pros: The food and service was fantastic

Cons: Kids running wild.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!