Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean

Maybe for a first timer...

Sail Date: July 01, 2008

I've been on several cruises now and this was by far the most disappointing. This ship seems to be due for a renovation.

Pros: Convenient

Cons: Overall quality of food and entertainment

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

I couldn't decide on an average or poor rating so I decided to give them the benefit. I realize the staff does the same routine every week for 8 months before getting leave, but you come to expect a friendly greeting. I noticed on more than one occasion, people having to go out of their way when addressing staff in the common areas just to get their attention. The reaction was like you were a real burdon (you are but that's what they are there for)
The food wasn't very enticing. Imagine deciding youre going to try a new way of cooking something. It would likely turn out fine but not necessarily something youd take seconds on. This is how all the meals were with few exception. Also, some of the wait-staff in the dining area were slow and not very personable.
Several areas of the ship had an unappealing odor something like a bathroom. Not a filthy bathroom, but lets face it, a bathroom is a bathroom.
There's that smell again maybe it's the on-board water...Who knows
The Broadway style shows haven't changed in the last four years and although some personnel have, the routines remain the same (really discourages repeat customers). Fortunately, the comedians were different and were good
One of the highlights of the cruise was the fact that my 3 year old had a blast at the KIDS CARNIVAL program. Simply put, its a daycare with all kinds of activities. You're given a pager just in case and you can tune in on any TV to see whats going on inside.