Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

"Frequent Floaters"

Sail Date: June 28, 2008

This was our second cruise on the Ecstasy (and second cruise ever). It was great fun throughout. Everything was clean and efficiently conducted. I have no complaints. The food, entertainment, staff, the ship itself, and our destination were all the best. I think cruises are the best vacation value now that gas has gotten so outrageously expensive.

Pros: The friendly, personal service from all staff from the captain down to the restroom attendants, and all in between.

Cons: The seas were a bit rougher than last time, but that was not that great of a problem.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

My only suggestion is to have complementary coffee on each level, maybe by the elevators in the morning. The Room Service is OK, but to reqest ahead is hard if you don't know what time you would like to have it. My husband sleeps better than I do, and doesn't drink coffee, so I like to quietly go get my coffee and bring it back to the room. It would be easier if it were on our same floor.
I love the "turndown service", especially the chocolate mints and the towel animals. Oh,and the wonderful bathrobes, too!
Playa mia beach break was extraordinary.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We would like to have 2 days at Cozumel instead.