Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Definitely a "Fun Ship!"

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

This was my first cruise; and for someone who is afraid of the open water, I had a wonderful time. My three friends and I met many interesting people while we were on the ship mostly the crew, but we also very much enjoyed our company at dinner. Overall it was a great first trip. I am already looking to book my next cruise with Carnival.

Pros: The food was wonderful!!! Also, the crew were so helpful and entertaining. The entertainment staff, waiters in the dining room, bartenders and our gracious steward all made us feel at home on the ship.

Cons: The ports of call... My friends and I did not do any excursions and ended up just being hassaled by all the shop workers. I also did not enjoy the staff taking pictures so much, but it did not hurt.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

I do not think I met one crew member who was not excited to be working on this ship. The entertainment staff were HILARIOUS and definitely 'entertained' us! Again our steward was great as well as a bartender with whom we spent every night in one of the lounges visiting. We got to know our waiters well and they called us by name; it was great! Our waiters and the entire dining staff of our dining room were helpful and... entertaining. They sang and danced for us every night... it was great fun!
The food was probably my favorite part. I must admit the seafood was nothing compared to what we have at home in Louisiana, but what it lacked in taste in made up for in presentation. The desserts were DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL! The Gala Buffet-belissimo! I took pictures of every meal!!!
This again was my first cruise and my first ship. I was a little disappointed when I did not walk into a Titanic like grand atrium, but again I am old-fashioned. After the first day, we learned the ship's layout and called it our own. From the bars and lounges, to the casino and library, there was something for everyone.
There is no way that you could ever get bored on this ship. The cruise director and his staff are definitely veterans at event planning for there were fun activities and events all day long. The Vegas-style shows were great and the comedy even better! There was something for everyone. And if you did not want to do anything, you could relax on the adults only deck or in the spa. It was like being at summer camp, for grown ups!
No problems. Our steward was awesome. Another good thing about the staterooms is the stewards clean twice a day; make up beds, take out garbage, leave treats, etc. But I will say I will book an ocean view room next time. Being on the interior with no outside light was really hard to get used to.