Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Mexico

Fun Fun Fun!

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

My sister and I along with two of our cousins went on this cruise and we had a very great time. My sister flew in from Michigan to my home in Texas and we drove over to Galveston to board the ship. The lines moved pretty fast and we were excited as it was a first cruise for the both of us. The ship was very nice and once you got use to the bright colors and wild paintings on the wall it was all actually kind of pretty.

Pros: Everything! There was always something to do and we met some really nice people.

Cons: I suffered a little motion sickness in the beginning but other than that everything was great!

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

The only complaint I would have is in the buffet areas where the food is served it gets to be kind of messy. Perhaps better attention to the food that guests drop and spill along the serving areas would add to the overall experience of eating buffet style.
This is a bit of a toss up because some of the staff was absolutely Phenomenal like our Wind Song Waiter Ivan. Other staff in different areas were just ok, like in the shops and at the photo gallery etc. However, for the most part all of the staff went above and beyond in making sure they treated us with respect and great customer service.
Karaoke was fun but the same people sang over and over and over again which to me was kind of rude because it didn't give everyone new a chance to sing because of all the "American Idol" wannabees. I didn't really care for the game Deal or No Deal because it wasn't explained that only one person would be chosen to play for the entire game and there were alot of people who bought hundreds of tickets again not realizing that only one person would get to play. The comedy was great and the two comedians on board were really good. One of my cousins got offended at the off color jokes of one of them and she left the show but the rest of us thought it was hilarious and we laughed our butts off!!
Lots of different choices at dinner. I ordered and sampled food I had never eaten which was very nice.
The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was awesome as we never ran out of hot water or anything like that and the water pressure was fantastic. Each day our stateroom was cleaned when we left and at night the beds were turned down with little towel "animals" left on them. Too cute!