I lived on the Ecstasy for five months!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to U.S.

Sail Date: May 01, 2006
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
The Carnival cruise ship Ecstasy was used to house first responders in New Orleans immediately after Hurricane Katrina. I am a police officer in New Orleans. I resided on this ship for five months (from October 2005 until February 2006). My house was damaged by the flooding from the hurricane. The staff was very nice, understanding of our situation, and helpful.

The food was great. The rooms were well maintained. We really appreciated their efforts to accomodate us.

These were basic accomodations that we needed for survival. There were no casinos, no bars, no alcohol allowed, no shopping.

Thanks again to a great staff for taking care of us in a time of real need.

PS - I understand that after the ship departed New Orleans at the end of February that it was completely renovated.

Don't know where we would have had a nice meal if not for the Ecstasy!

Diverse staff, very helpful and understanding of our situation.

Pros: The food; a bed to sleep on