Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise Nightmare

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

Halloween Cruise

Monday, October 16, 2006 was one of the happiest days in my life that quickly turned soar. Trick or Treat? Turned out to be the Big Trick. My wife and I were celebrating 30 years of marriage and were booked to sail out of Galveston, Texas that day. However it seemed that Mother Nature wrecked havoc on our flight and arrival to Houston. To make a long story short we were diverted to Corpus and when arriving at Houston was placed in a taxi by Carnival only to soon realize the boat left and we were stuck in traffic. Thats really when my nightmare started. Arriving back at the Houston airport we were met by Carnival personnel who directed is as to what to do, Go talk to Continental. While driving in the downpour it seems that another group stayed at the airport and received either discounted tickets (from Continental) to Merida (the next port of call) and another group received free tickets. So, standing in line for 5 hours at Continental with hope, my luck ran out and I was rudely advised that if I wanted to go to Merida it would cost 400.00 dollars per ticket. Having no guarantee of ever receiving that money back from the insurance I was stuck in Houston. Thats just the short story. Heres my review. Not one person from Carnival would ever take any responsibility and help me. Pass the buck was the order of the day. Go see Continental, its there issue, no go to Carnival, no go to American Airlines (our return flight). Carnival advertises, (best I recall) Leave All The Details To Us. False. THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU, THEY WILL SEND YOU TO SOMEONE ELSE. The president of Carnival, Bob Dickinson, and I quote We strive each day to provide great servicewe want to do everything possible to ensure that it is enjoyable and, most of all, fun! Well Bob, your company doesnt pay attention to details and they certainly wont help. Unless you consider passing the buck and assuming no responsibility as service! All Carnival and Continental did was give me the run around. I did learn something and Carnival and Continental could learn something from this incident, No one is interested in excuses, people need solutions. I actually thought that one call to Carnival, booking my cruise, and everything would be taken care of. WRONG!!! My issues still are not resolved. I spent the night in the Houston airport and after calls to Carnival and American Airlines finally got a return ticket (no thanks to Carnival because once again the buck was passed) bumped up so I WOULDNT HAVE TO SPEND A WEEK SITTING IN THE AIRPORT, to return home. Believe me folks thats just half of it. Heres the kicker; if there are circumstances that are beyond the norm, LIKE 10 INCHES OF RAIN, then Carnival should have a game plan when late arrivals finally arrive!! There was no plan, the Carnival personnel representing you at the booths are not informed and basically sit on their hands waiting for the Supervisor to arrive. She did arrive, only after I was put into a taxi by the booth person and Carnival wastes $400.00 dollars in profit for a lost cause. So, I would certainly advise anyone reading this to consider another Cruise Line.

Mike Cooper
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Pros: Nothing

Cons: No Service