Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Horrible Cruise!

Sail Date: September 28, 2006

As far as the ship, I booked rooms on the Empress deck because I was told they were the nicest. Smelled sewage in the hall and had to keep the bathroom door closed because the smell kept coming up through the drain. This went on for 5 days. Complained and it was never fioxed.

Cons: First off, we didn't go to our destination of Cozumel, but were told at the time of embarkation, that there was a propulsion problem and we would be going to PRogresso.

Actually saw a woman slip and fall by the pool, there were 2 ship employees (men) and neither offered to help her. Another passenger helped her up!
The quality of the ship was okay, the dining areas were clean.
Food was okay, didn't like the instant tea, it was horrible. Didn't like how the soda drink card was, only got drinks by the glass and they were sometimes flat as they would keep opened cans for the next person
I didn't find that much to do except sit at the pool or in the Casinos, where is where they wanted you to be.
Stateroom size was okay...the smell ruined it for me though!
Destination was changed to Progresso at the last minute and given $50.00 credit on the sail and sign card. I would never have booked a cruise there, mainly I had never heard of it, much less paid the price I did to go there!
Don't Miss: The taxi cab driver was hillarious!