Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Enjoyment you can count on

Sail Date: August 31, 2006

I have been on several cruises on Carnival and it's like going to McDonald's in a strange town, you know what you are purchasing. The food is varied and excellent. The service is consistently very pleasant and attentive. The entertainment is quite good, but I'd love to have more variations. I enjoy music from the 50's, 60's and very early 70's--and had none in that category. There was a classical string trio which was very good and an excellent solo pianist. This is a good vacation value. Carnival has the most affordable cruises and when you look at getting your travel, housing, meals and entertainment packaged together it's an excellent bargain. I'd go again, but I'm also going to look at sampling other cruise lines to see how they differ in what they have to offer.

Pros: Carnival cruises are pretty consistent, you know what you are buying. The food is great and varied. The service is excellent

Cons: I'd like to see more variation in the entertainment component.

Very small, but staterooms usually are. This was a somewhat smaller and older ship so there were not any balcony rooms available to us. That usually ensures a slightly larger room also.
We went to see the Mayan ruins at Tulum. They are very interesting and beautiful. But it was a very hot humid day and the tram from the parking area was not running so we had to walk 3/4 of a mile just to get to the national park. That was a bit much and the heat and long walk (for me) detracted largely from our enjoyment. Carnival did refund us 1/2 the cost of our excursion for our disappointment which we felt was very fair.