Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Our first cruise won't be our last!

Sail Date: May 29, 2006

The ship was beautiful...grand seems an appropriate word. The bright and flashing lights, beautiful staircases, and wall decor were more spectacular than I'd imagined. The galleries were so varied, there was always a new experience waiting. The main dining room was beautifully exquisite with service unlike anything I'd ever experienced. The buffet areas with their less formal atmosphere especially appealed to my family, and the food was varied, a very pleasureable experience. The pools and hot tubs were bigger and better than I'd imagined would be available on a ship. Our first cruise experience was definitely a positive one. Within a couple of days being home we began talking about, "next time......"

Pros: Variety of entertainment, variety of dining opportunities and the ability to participate when and where I wanted to.

Cons: We are not drinkers (alcohol), so some of the evening gatherings on the Lido deck were less enjoyable than I'd hoped for.

As many people as there were in any one area, somehow our room Sterard new us. We asked a question of her in the hall and expected to follow through with the request when we returned to our room...but it was already taken care of when we got there. I was amazed...
The variety of offering were great. Not every event offered was something I wanted to participate in, but there was always another more appropriate choice.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico
We took a 20 minute bus tour of the town. It was interesting to see the area but the most beautiful site to me was the beach....absolutely awsome!
We enjoyed the shopping. Not only was this a first cruise for me, but also a first cab ride, but it went great. We went to the recommended restaurants but felt we wanted a quieter atmosphere. We went to a little restaurant called Costa Brava. Our experience was authentic and wonderful.
Don't Miss: Even if you're not buying anything, don't miss the culture of the shopping experience.