NOT HAPPY!!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Dream

5 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 22, 2020

Ship: Carnival Dream

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1317

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I will not be cruising on the Carnival Dream again!!

Embarkation

It moved great. Hardly any waiting

Ship experiences

The food was awful!! The dining experience was midiocrore!! The buffet food just wasn't good. We ate in the steakhouse and the steaks were fantastic !!

We are casino people so that's where we mostly stayed

Loved the pool party and hairy chest contest. Super fun

Ok I will start with the good!! The room steward Maria was absolutely hands down the best!! What a sweetheart 😘 the ladies in the Steakhouse were amazing, super knowledgable, and funny!! Great talking to people from all over the world . This is where it gets bad!! The casino bartender was a jerk. The pizzeria guy might as well slapped me with the pizza. I always said that if you hate your job let someone else have it. We had free drinks in the casino, but expected better and faster service.

Ship was too small and crappy layout!! The bar area smelled like vomit. When things were wiped down it looked like they were not using cleaning products. Just water smearing it around. My husband got a gastrointestinal virus from the ship and ended up going to doctor twice and ending up in the ER getting fluids for dehydration and meds. Not able work for the next 3 working days. This is the second time he has gotten this illness from the cruise ship with carnival and we have only been on 2 cruises!!! I will not be able to talk him into another!! Ladt time his illness lasted almost 3 weeks after returning from cruise. He got sick the 2nd day on the 7 day cruise Stayed in the cabin the whole entire trip except to get off ship for excursions.

The room was great!! Maria was amazing. Couldn't ask for anyone better!!

Ports of call

Very clean!! Beautiful!! We went to Isla Passion!! Very relaxing. Water was cristal clear. our guides were wonderful and super funny!!

Progreso (Merida), Mexico

We did our own excursion!

Disembarkation

Was a little bit of a wait but pretty smooth!!

Traveler Photos