Trip of a lifetime minus the food

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Dream

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 28, 2019

Ship: Carnival Dream

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 6203

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Beautiful boat and very nice personnel on the ship. There were things we didn’t enjoy but overall we really did enjoy ourselves. It’s all about what you make of your experience.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Food was terrible. It was lukewarm at best, even in the main dining room. We also ate at the nice steakhouse, again, terrible. It was at least hot there, but lacked in flavor and value. I ordered the surf and turf, received a thin little filet that was over cooked and 1/2 of Maine lobster tail. It was the same little filet from sea brunch. For $38 I felt like I got robbed. The best food in the ship was at the sushi place. However, it also cost additional money.

Poops are smallest I’ve ever seen and the onboard activities didn’t vary as much as I’ve seen on other ships.

Same people every night and they could NOT SING to save their lives. We actually left one of the shows bc it was so terrible. The others were pretty good bc of the effects and dancers.

Everyone was super friendly, best experience of any shop I’ve been on.

Cabin was great! The only downside was it smelled like sewage days 4-7. The bathroom also drained so slow that every day you had to have the water up over your feet and turn it off intermittently as you showered.

Ship tip

Bring Lysol to help with the smell and don’t expect the food to be awesome. Pizza, Sushi and Guys Burgers were the best of everything.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Hardly any shopping, and the personnel off the ship were very disorganized. Also, be careful. We got a S’well bottle stolen out of our backpack. Excursion was city tour and beach break combo, loved it. Beach was awesome and City tour was very knowledgeable. We went to Sam Sharpe square, Rose Hall which is a must see, and did a little shopping.

George Town, Grand Cayman