Good

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Dream

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 25, 2018

Ship: Carnival Dream

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 11239

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

I cruised with a handicap man and I was not impressed with accessibility overall. Also faster to the fun was not enforced once we were onboard outside of the designated line at guest services and the line for room service. But we had a great time overall and loved the staff.

Embarkation

Anyone traveling with handicap beware this port is poor with communication. We were left in an area for special service needs and after several minutes asked someone and found out the person who put us there lied about someone coming to get us. We needed to talk to another person about getting an elevator

Ship experiences

Plaza Cafe

Amazing coffee!!! And even with a longer line the wait wasn’t bad and the staff was friendly.

Thalasso Pool

I loved this so much. So relaxing.

Spa

I enjoyed the spa access I had but I will say the pedicure isn’t something I’d recommend. They did a good job and I loved the ladies doing the nails. But it wasn’t anymore than I’ve gotten at a third of the price.

Caliente Dance Club

The DJ sucked and it wasn’t very happening. Also security sucks there. My aunt and I were followed by a man and even after reporting it nothing was really done. He was prowling between the nightclub and elevators. A competent security team would have seen this for the red flag that it is.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

Montego Bay, Jamaica

George Town, Grand Cayman

We went to the margaritaville hotel because we were told the one close to the terminal was not handicap friendly. We found out this was a lie. It is handicap accessible.

We did Mr Sanchoz highly recommend it!

Disembarkation