Another perfect dream cruise on the Carnival Dream

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Dream

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 14, 2018

Ship: Carnival Dream

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 11205

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Perfect Cruise on the Perfect Cruise Ship Carnival Dream. This was the very first ship we ever sailed the very first time we cruised and caught the cruise bug. Now 4 times later, this is still one of our favorite cruise ships. We already have our April Cruise on the Carnival Dream booked and we can't wait to get back onboard to enjoy this awesome vacation location. We Love Carnival Cruises....Many Thanks!

Embarkation

Very fast and easy. Once in the terminal, was on the Carnival Dream within 20 minutes!

Ship experiences

Dining room was perfect, never had to wait for my time dinning, buffets were perfect for dock day breakfast, and dinning room was perfect for Sea Day Brunch!. We tried the Bonsai restaurant and enjoyed it very much. Of course Guys burgers and BBQ were the best. Blue iguana café was the best place for taco salads and the 24hr pizza was used a lot...grins.

The Crimson Restaurant

This was our assigned dinning venue for My time dinning. We never had to wait for a table, and the service was top notch. The food was also top notch, recommend highly this venue.

Our Cruise Director Brandon did an awesome job keeping very body entertained, even when our first two ports got lots of rain. He added extra events onboard to keep us all happy with lots of fun.

Jackpot Casino

I absolutely hated this place, the smoke was SO bad, and you were forced to walk through this area. I suffer from asthma, and I had to carry my rescue inhaler with me every time I got near this casino. I have Absolutely nothing against people who smoke, but they need MUCH better ventilation in this location.

Thalasso Pool

I spent as much time as I could here. What a great way to start, and finish the day everyday! The temperature was a little hit and miss, but still overall a pleasant experience.

All the shows we saw were awesome. Flick was our favorite for sure

As always, the staff was perfect in everyway, special shout out to our Room stewards, BiBi and his mate, they kept our room perfect the entire cruise!

Always being cleaned and maintained. Awesome crew!

We always get this cabin when we cruise the Carnival Dream. It is a Spa Suite right near the stairs and elevator to get to the spa area. love the extra room and location.

Ship tip

Bring your fun attitude along with you, sometimes you may have to deal with a few lines at the popular eating spots like Guys Burgers. This is a fun ship with a great crew, let lose and have fun, your on vacation! Don't sweat the little things and have a blast!

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

Quick and easy to get onboard the Carnival Dream.

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Although the first half of the visit was heavy rain, it did finally let up and we enjoyed this beautiful port.

Belize City, Belize

Rained the entire time we were here, but, we did venture off to visit some of the stores with our handy rain coat to fend off the rain.

This was a perfect day, the sun finally came out and it was not to hot. We visited the local port stores and did lots of people watching. Had a great time. There were also 4 other cruise ships in port, so it was a bit crowded but just more people to hang out with, remember, your on vacation, don't sweat the small stuff and have tons of fun.

Disembarkation

We did self assist, so we were off the ship nice and fast and on our way home by 730am.