Not the best I've ever taken

Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 03, 2017
Ship: Carnival Dream
I have sailed carnival before and this is not what I expect from this company. I spent over $3k for this trip for myself and my 11 year old daughter. This cruise left me feeling ripped off.
We were several hours late boarding the ship... because of this there were people everywhere and it was not very orderly.

Not enough variety and the lines were to long.

Not much to do onboard.

Performers were ok but not very much variety in the shows. Basically it easy the same Performers every night doing the same thing in different costumes to different songs.

My child would not go. She wasn't even addressed by the sraff and didn't gl feel comfortable.

All were good! The peopke were fantastic

Common areas were clean but the layout was difficult to navigate. And the decor was outdated.

Comfortable.. but the shower was wayyyy to small and it wasn't clean when we arrived.

Study the layout of the ship so you don't waist time getting lost.

Best city in the US with the most amazing people in the world! Need more ships to port here.
Loved everything about Jamaica EXCEPT where we docked the ship. Had to take expensive cab to shop. Nothing at all where we docked. Wasn't impressed... would have rather tendered somr where else and had more available. We did ride and swim with horses. The head guy at the location wasn't very nice. He lined everyone up and made them look front as he slowly selected one person at a time to a horse. It was a bit unsettling. Felt like a firing squad! Wasted lots of the time we could have been riding. And of course they ALL wanted tips on top of the ridiculous price the excursion already cost.
Beautiful Grand Cayman Went to the stingray and turtle swim excursion. Stingray thing was awesome but we were not there long enough. Would have preferred spending more time there and lessential at the turtle farm. Our "guide" grouped us all together. Spoke on a microphone that kept cutting out and about 5 minutes in he disappeared. Thst was it. We were on our own and had no idea what or where to go except what time to be on the bus or we wold be left. At the area where you would snorkel with the ONE turtle it was extremely slippery and I fell. I hurt and cut my knee up really bad. No one checked on me no one offered any assistance. I will never go there again. I love grand Caymen but this part was terrible.
Where we docked was terrible. Not enough shopping variety except where we were overcharged because we were on the ship. In the US a snowcone is at max cost of about $2. At this dock I was charged $5 for a lower quality and then because she didn't put enough juice I then had to pay an extra $1. What a sham. I will never go back to this part of Cozumel. I have been to this city many rimes and know there are better docks but this place left a bad taste in people's mouth because of the overpriced haggle. Additionally, they need to have an excursion to Mr. Sanchos...
Took forever. We were told everyone would be off the ship completwly by 10:30. It was almost noon and it was so much standing and waiting. Very hard on the kids and my parents. Also there were people that would cut and walk past but nothing was done about those rude people.