Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Purser

Overall it was a good cruise, there were several negative items!

Sail Date: January 03, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The room steward was great. The crew was excellent with one exception. I called guest services and talked to a man to see if we could get a dinner table for my whole family (eleven people) for a last dinner on board. I paid for all 11 people. The man I talked to was abrupt and rude. He declined my request which was fine but he didn't need to have such a bad attitude. Secondly, I strongly object to the policy of opening luggage and confiscating a bottle of liquor. You could save it and return it after the cruise, as you do with liquor bought on shore. It's not the $40. cost it is the principal. My son Matt had 2 bottles in his luggage and you didn't touch it. I will not book another cruise of Carnival. Third there  was rust on the metal outside my balcony. I have not seen rusty metal on other cruise ships I've been on (Celebrity & Viking).

We left several tips to our cabin attendant, he was great.
The evening shows were OK but not as good as on other cruise lines.
Excursions were great. Problem with one "customer service" agent is listed above.