Carnival Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A lovely effortless week

Sail Date: May 10, 2015

Cabin: 1769

Thank you, Richie, for your patience in helping me work out the details of this cruise.  My husband and I enjoyed every day.  I was amazed at the way the crew was able to make so many people feel special.

Our steward, Adrian, was outstanding.  Very much appreciated his attention to detail.  My husband is a druggie (he takes insulin).  We were so pleased to find a container for his used needles ready and waiting in our room.

I loved our room and spent many hours reading on the balcony.

We found the food quite outstanding considering the huge number of people being served.

It was amazing considering the number of passenger
Was also amazed that the chefs and servers could serve such excellent food to so many.
Cabin / Stateroom I loved our stateroom. It was quite spacious and the balcony was a delight
Service and Staff Adrian was an excellent and thoughtful steward. Our waiter--I believe his name is Willie--was great. The bartender, who I believe may be Filipino, makes a marvelous martini. The others were fine but not fantastic.
Fine but not outstanding.
Children's Programs N/A
Onboard Activities Really didn't do much of this, we were enjoying our balcony. I have a lot of deadlines so really treasured my leisure.
Destinations and Excursions We didn't do the excursions though they sounded fun. With only a day in port, we wanted to walk around. Did do the Rose Hall trip and enjoyed it and the drive around Montego Bay. a
New Orleans, Louisiana
I love New Orleans and was delighted that it was the port of embarkation. Once again we had a fabulous dinner at Arnaud's and enjoyed the jazz.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
I enjoyed visiting Rose Hall but would have liked more time in Montego Bay. A speaker who could talk about Jamaican history would have been nice the night before.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I don't know how to rate George Town. It's great if you like to shop (which I do) but doesn't offer much else. Be prepared to blow a budget!
This is a nice place to laze on the beach (which I did much of the day.) Anyone who has not seen the ruins at Tulum should do it. Once again, a short talk on the Maya would have been interesting the night before.

Be prepared for sheer volume a big ship carries a lot of people.